Supercharge reading skills with Long Vowel Board Games! Fun and easy to play. Read, Match and Play! Perfect for centers, explicit instruction, intervention and revision. Ideal for 1st to 4th grade.
Long Vowel Board Games - Reading and Word Work Activities!
Fun and easy board games perfect reading groups and work work focusing on long vowels!
- A – a a_e ai ay ei
- E – ee ea e_e y
- I – i i_e y igh ie
- O – o o_e ea ow oe
- U – u u_e ue ew
→ 6 board games for long vowel revision. Easy reading groups or rotation activity.
→ Children must read the word they land on and then identify the base word again in the word grid.
→ Great opportunity for students to learn and revise long vowels!
→ They are very easy board games, easy enough for children of all ages to follow and play independently.
How to play:
- Roll dice and move your token along the path.
- When a player lands on a word they must read it aloud and then find that long vowel spelling pattern in the middle grid. They then put a counter on their word in the grid. Each player should use different colored counters.
- If you land on a smiley face, you may roll again. If you land on a sad face, you lose a turn.
- Players take it in turns playing until all words in the middle grid are taken.
- Winner is the player with the most counters on words at the end.