This product is fun a unit which requires students to be creative create a board game. There are warm up and investigation activities to begin and then brainstorming activities, rubrics, templates and inspiration.
Students are required to research the history of board games, analyse board games and the probability involved, brainstorm their creations and have fun!
This unit can be used as a quick project or could provide the basis for a longer term long project. It is highly engaging and students absolutely love being creative and always feel proud of what they produce!
Included is a PDF version and an EDITABLE Powerpoint version.
- Research - history of board games
- Brainstorming – what makes a board game good?
- Compare the board game
- Brainstorming your board game
- Board game rule example – Snakes and Ladders
- Board game rules template
- Question planning template
- Board game report - when finished
- Question card template
- Board game elements
- Money template
- Dice template