Supercharge reading skills with Long & Short Vowel Board Games! Fun and easy to play. Read, Match and Play! Perfect for centers, explicit instruction, intervention and revision. Ideal for 1st to 4th grade.
Long and Short Vowel Board Games - Reading and Word Work Activities!
Fun and easy board games perfect reading groups and work work focusing on differentiating between long and short vowels.
- plus revision
→ 6 board games for long and short vowel practice.
→ 2 revision sheets
→ Easy reading groups or rotation activity.
→ Children must read the word they land on and then identify the base word again in the word grid.
→ Great opportunity for students to learn and revise long vowels!
→ They are very easy board games, easy enough for children of all ages to follow and play independently.
How to play:
- Roll dice and move token along the path.
- When a player lands on a word they must read it aloud and then decide if it a short or long vowel. They then put a counter on either long/short in the grid. Each player should use different colored counters.
- If you land on a smiley face, you may roll again. If you land on a sad face, you lose a turn.
- Players take it in turns playing until all words in the middle grid are taken.
- Winner is the player with the most counters on words at the end or when time is called.